Pressure cleaning hacks for the home
Pressure cleaning is important around the home, especially around this time of year. Spring clean the house exterior with it, wash the windows gently, clean away damp growth from the driveway and garden path to get ready for the warm months and entertaining season. We were lucky to speak to Kärcher, the global leader in cleaning technology about how to get the most out of your pressure cleaner!
Before You Start:
- Adjust the hose to a minimum of 7.5 metres and tighten all connections so no air can enter the lines.
- Unwind the pressure hose completely to prevent kinking.
- Ensure there is a steady stream of water coming out of the trigger gun, which may take 30 seconds, then release the trigger gun and fit the high pressure lance.
Pressure washing your home to remove the build-up of dirt and dust can make a tired property look fresh again, and it’s important to dl before applying a new coat of paint. But don’t forget to close windows and doors before you begin!
- Test the pressure setting by spraying the ground first, but be careful around delicate areas.
- Hold the spray at a 45-degree angle to increase the surface area you cover.
- Work in small areas at a time. To prevent streaks, start washing from the top and work your way down.
- When you’re done, give the surface a good rinse to ensure dislodged dirt doesn’t dry out and has been sent packing.
- Pressure washers are also a great way to clean windows and fly screens with minimal effort. Simply reduce the pressure on your spray lance to low – key to protecting the seals.
Removing moss and dirt is never a favourite garden task, but it’s important when it comes to making your yard both safe, and of course tidy. Using a pressure washer not only removes the thick layer on the surface, but reaches the pores to reach stubborn, worn-in grime.
- The pressure washer produces a rotating jet, which combines the power of a concentrated point with the area performance of a flat stream.
- Hold the jet vertically to the paved surface and slowly move from one edge of the moss-covered area to the other at a distance of around 20 to 30 centimetres.
- The splash guard for the dirt blaster accessory will protect you from water.
Once you have finished, turn the machine and power supply to off.
- To ensure machine’s longevity, never leave the unit pressurised after use. Pull the trigger gun to release the pressure.
- Stow away unit next time!
Kärcher has 11,500 employees in 60 countries and 100 companies. The family-owned firm produces its cleaning equipment in Germany, Italy, Romania, the United States, Brazil, Mexico and China. More than 50,000 service centres ensure worldwide customer service. In the company’s development centres, more than 650 engineers and technicians are engaged in design engineering new solutions. To learn more about Kärcher please click here.