6 smart storage ideas for small kitchens
The kitchen can be a tricky space - so much has to fit in it to make it functional and this can become cluttered an unsightly. Luckily, there's some clever things you can do to save space and make your storage more efficient. Some of these will require a renovation to get going, but others are things you can implement this weekend!
1. Use a hollow kitchen island or kitchen trolley as extra storage. This will allow for more bench space and more storage. Use the underneath for bulk or commonly used items so they're easy to access.
2. Flat lay a spice rack inside a shallow drawer. It's a great way to use space under the stove and also has excellent functionality with easy access.
3. Use drawers instead of cabinets to store bulky cooking things. This creates an easier access point and you can typically use the space better, stacking things up while they're still visible.
4. Use vertical storage space for baking trays and pans instead of horizontal. This makes them easier to access, easier to look at and select the right piece and means you can store them up high without having things topple on your when you get something from the bottom of the pile.
5. Use the space on the back of cabinet doors. You can either hang wire racks and put detergents and cleaning products in there or hang utensils from hooks.
6. Use baskets to organise bigger items and place them around the floor of the pantry for easy access and easy visibility. You can group things together so everything has a place.